Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a Beary Beautiful Card!

Well, now that we're in between school breaks, subbing has slowed down. Who can blame the teachers, anyways? I wouldn't call in sick on the fun days either! So that means I get a head-start on next year's cards. So I thought, why not use one of my new Cricut Lite Carts?

I was lucky enough to grab three carts on black friday. They were swarming Menards for them! I arrived at 6:40, and they only had a few carts left, and only 3 different ones! One of the carts I bought was the Slumber Party! I've eyed this cart before, but never justified the cost. I really liked the popcorn cut, and the fuzzy slippers, but without out a daughter, I didn't know when I'd need most of the slumber party cuts.

When I first opened this cart, I fell in love with this cute teddy bear! And as they say, the rest was history!

 The bear is cut at 3 inches from the Slumber Party Lite Cart. 
Card base: 5x5
Brown cardstock: 4 3/4 x 4 3/4  and 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
Pattern Paper A: 4 5/8 x 4 5/8  AND (2) 5x1 Use a scallop punch on one 5 inch side. (See picture below)
Pattern Paper B: 3 5/8 x 3 5/8

Once all the papers were layered, and the bear was cut, I used inked the edges in brown, used a brown perm. marker to add fake stitching to the dark brown, and then used my finger to add a dark brown ink to the bear's body. (In the second card, I used the stitching to create ear tufts, as well.) I then used the scalloped strips to adorn the top and bottom of the inside, leaving plenty of space for a stamped sentiment or a personal message.


Happy Crafting! 
<3 Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment